In order to realize an environmentally harmonious and sustainable society through products and services, Hitachi is committed to meeting its social responsibilities by promoting globally-applicable 'MONOZUKURI' (designing, manufacturing or repairing of products), which is aimed at reducing environmental burdens of products throughout their entire life cycles, ensuring global environmental conservation.
- Global environmental conservation is a critical challenge shared by all humans. Hitachi is committed, therefore, to fulfilling its responsibilities by assisting in the realization of an environmentally harmonious and sustainable society as one of its management priorities.
- Hitachi will make efforts to contribute to society by developing highly reliable technologies and production processes, while identifying needs considering concerns related to the prevention of global warming, conservation of resources, and preservation of ecosystems.
- Members of the board in charge of environmental conservation are responsible for facilitating appropriate environmental conservation activities. Departments responsible for environmental conservation should endeavor to promote and ensure environmental conservation activities, including improving environment-related rules and regulations and setting goals for environmental burden reduction. These departments should also confirm that their environmental conservation activities are conducted in a proper manner and ensure that these activities are maintained and improved.
- Hitachi will promote globally-applicable 'MONOZUKURI' with the aim of understanding and reducing environmental burdens at every stage, including product research and development, design, production, distribution, sales, usage, and final disposal.
- Hitachi will investigate and review the environmental impact caused in the course of its 'MONOZUKURI' processes. Hitachi will also introduce excellent technologies and materials useful to safeguard the environment, in other words, to reduce environmental burdens through energy and resource saving, recycling, chemical substance management, consideration for the ecosystem, and other measures.
- Hitachi's environmental conservation efforts are not only to be focused on observing international environmental regulations and those of national and local governments, but also on conserving the environment by implementing voluntary environmental standards when necessary.
- Regarding globally-applicable 'MONOZUKURI' activities, impact on the local environment and community are to be considered. In addition, measures that meet local communities' requests should be implemented.
- Hitachi will educate its employees to take action in order to obey environment-related laws, raise their global environmental awareness, and encourage their interest in environmental conservation having wide-view about society activities.
- Hitachi will evaluate potential environmental problems and prevent them from occurring. In the event that any environmental problem occurs, Hitachi will take appropriate measures to minimize the environmental burden.
- Hitachi will make efforts to disclose information on its environmental conservation activities to its relevant stakeholders. Hitachi will also actively communicate with these stakeholders so as to strengthen mutual understanding and forge cooperative relationships with them.